- Land And Houses
- Home & Kitchen
- Beauty, Health & Personal Care
- Babies,Kids And Toys
Most of us know that we need to cut down on sugar
- doing so can lower your blood pressure, decrease your risk of heart
attack and make you less likely to develop dementia. But according to a
physician who specialises in brain health, sugar can have beneficial effects on our brain.
Simple sugars then travel through the blood stream to body cells. There they provide energy and help form proteins, or are stored for future use. The brain and red blood cells can only use glucose for energy. During pregnancy, glucose also helps form cells and produce milk.
- Sugar helps foods last longer by acting as a preservative in foods like jam, canned or bottled fruit and vegetables.
- Some people add sugar to their food or drinks to make them taste sweeter.
- Sugar can make food look good, eg by being sprinkled on the top of cakes and pies.