Wearing a face mask will help prevent the spread of infection and prevent the individual from contracting any airborne infectious germs. When someone coughs, talks, sneezes they could release germs into the air that may infect others nearby. Face masks are part of an infection control strategy to eliminate cross-contamination.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water before touching the face mask.
- Remove mask from the dispenser or box and make sure the masks do not have any holes or tears.
- Make sure you determine which side is the top and which is the front of the mask, so you can properly wear the mask.
- Face masks with ear loops: hold by the ear loops and put the loops around each ear.
- Face masks with ties: bring mask to your nose and place the ties over your head to secure with a tie.
- Face masks with bands: hold mask to your nose and pull the top strap over the crown of your head and pull the bottom strap over your head so its at the nape of your neck.
- Pull the mask over your mouth and chin